Andalusia considers itself the "Heart of South Alabama". It is located in the southern most part of the State in Covington County.
Here are some interesting facts about Andalusia:
- County seat & largest city in Covington County.
- The Economic Center of Covington County.
- Recently completed $1.8 million dollar Downtown Revitalization Project.
- Excellent City School system that consistently performs well above the state and national averages on standardized tests and other assessments.
- Andalusia features a 250-acre Industrial Park.
- State of the art Construction/Demolition Landfill & Recycling facilities.
- Excellent general aviation facility at South Alabama Regional Airport at Bill Benton Field, formerly known as Andalusia-Opp Airport, is a public airport located four miles east of the central business district of Andalusia.Airport features a 6,000 feet runway.
- Outstanding Recreational Facilities including a state of the art Softball Complex, 18-acre public fishing lake, public swimming pools, Adult Activity Center and a public golf course located on the campus of Lurleen B. Wallace Community College.
Click here to obtain more demographic information about the City of Andalusia.